Wednesday, December 5, 2007


For challenge #3 for the SavvyNSassy Contest, I had to do a layout using a top ten list and using ribbon. I had fun doing this layout and listing all the things I've learned from my dog Gadget. Now, some of this is not original with me as I have seen parts of these things online, but I found them appropriate and used some, adding some of my own. Plus I just love this picture of Gadget. It captures his youth and happiness in just enjoying the day. He does this all the time and wanted to do a layout using this picture. When this challenge came along, I knew I wanted to use this photo and found others that went along with the top ten list. I also love the picture of him watching the fireworks. He such a sweet dog and a BIG baby. I used the Daisy Hill Top Dog scrap kit from Walmart, ribbons and mini brads.
Journaling: Top Ten Things I’ve learned from Gadget
1. Sit back and enjoy the show (fireworks or otherwise)
2. When loved ones come home, run to greet them.
3. Stop, lie on your back in the grass, enjoy life and smile!
4. Delight in the simple joy of an early morning run.
5. Don’t worry too much about how you look.
6. Never overlook the chance for a nap.
7. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
8. Never pass up the opportunity of a joy ride.
9. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and just be there.
10. Run, romp and play daily.

2 comments:

TammyB said...

Sherri - that's great! I love your list =)

Anonymous said...

Wonderul! Cool, really nice job!!