Monday, June 16, 2008

AlleyFest 10K Run June 7

Timothy and I and his friend Adam drove over to Longview early Saturday morning to run in the Alleyrun. I didn't sleep well the night before since we had gone to the truck races and came back home but I decided to run anyway. I ran it in 1:01:20 which was good enough for first place in my age division. I was shooting for under 1 hour but it was hot and humid and I just couldn't do it. Timothy ran it in 41:12 and was 3rd in the 15-19 age division and 7th place overall. Adam was 2nd in their age group and 5th overall. They ran together the whole race until the end. This was the first time Adam has beat Timothy in a race.

2 comments:

robison52 said...

I had to chuckle at that shack behind your picture..."Fried Pickles!!" I've never heard of fried pickles before...geez they can turn any food into fat!

Congrats on winning your age division AGAIN! You're such a great inspiration for your son and undoubtedly his favorite cheerleader.

Anonymous said...

Wow...you are such a cool mom!
Good work...both of you!