Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fallback week - (short) long run

Okay, I learned a lot last night. left to run at 5:50 p.m. It was 85 degrees and 50% humidity.

I learned not to try a long run after doing a race pace run 2 days before. Ran 3 miles Saturday in 28.28. That's fast for me. I didn't go to Race for the cure because I was lazy and decided to sleep in. But I did go run later at the lake and decided to do it short and fast, as if I were at the race. I would have gotten 2nd or maybe 3rd in my age group IF I had gone to the race. Depending on the extra umph from the competition of the race. oh well.

So I headed out to run after work last night. I was drenched with sweat after just 2 miles. dripping down in my eyes. It was so hot! Did I mention that I hate sweat! this creates a bit of a conflict! then the wind was blowing like wild and it always seemed to be blowing against me and blowing up sand and yuck that just stuck to me.

I decided it was time for a fallback week. So I did a 9 1/2 mile run in 1 hour 55 minutes, 12:08 ppm. Very slow, but maybe not too bad for the conditions. I thought I was going to die. Cramped up towards the end. Not sure I could have gone much further. My legs were dead and I had no energy. The heat just japped it out of me. I need to find another time to do my long runs. It's just getting too hot to do them at night without running out of daylight to finish. So much for sleeping in on Saturday mornings. But I'm not giving up on my goal of 10/10/10 even if some runs just suck!

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

I can't imagine running yesterday! That humidity was awful.