Monday, August 11, 2008

OWS - Open water swim

I did my first open water swim at Lake Tyler Friday morning at 6:15 a.m. So who thinks I'm crazy to get up that early to swim or run? I meet a couple nice folks from the East Texas Triathlon group and swam with them, although I was way behind them! But I didn't drown and made it so that was good. We did approx. 1/2 mile to 3/4 mile. Then Sunday evening (yesterday) I went out again by myself and did about the same distance. Gary was close by on the shore. Easier the second time around just because the waves were much calmer. It's much different than swimming in a pool. I really have a lot to learn and somehow need to get faster. All this in hopes of trying my first Triathlon, the Rose City Triathlon. Maybe! Which will be held where I've been practicing. The race is = Swim 650 meters, bike 14.5 miles then run 3.1 miles. I'm sure I could do it, it just might take me all day!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Hi Sherri-great job on the swim! You're going to do a great job in the tri!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

You're awesome woman! I know you can do it.